This policy applies to information we hold about customers and prospective customers, suppliers and prospective suppliers, artists, contacts and all other persons about whom Marine House at Beer Ltd holds information. By “information”, we mean personal information about you that we collect, use and store.
What we collect
- your name and your contact information such as your address, e mail address and telephone number;
- information related to your interest in our gallery artists, events and art fairs we attend;
- information about you that you give us in person at our galleries and art fairs, or by filling in forms on our website: marinehouseatbeer.co.uk and www.steamgallery.co.uk or by communicating with us by phone, e-mail, social media or letter and;
- information in relation to your purchase of our art work or use of our services.
How we collect information about you
- information you give to us when you purchase any art work;
- your use of the forms on our website; and
- information you provide when you e mail us, call us or contact us directly.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- record your purchases
- provide information to you about our art work, artists and events that we think may be of interest to you;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, eg delivering an art work to you;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
- for security and to check your identity.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- when you buy an art work from us or other requests you make of us before purchasing an art work from us;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; (these legitimate interests are (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on our business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested, eg delivery of an art work; and (iv) for our own marketing and research; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Sharing your information
We do not share your personal information with third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party contractors or service providers if this is necessary to provide you with our art work or services, to respond to your enquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following e mail address [email protected]er.co.uk
Where you are one of our customers or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about our gallery events, art fairs and specific artists and works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time; details of how to unsubscribe are included on each electronic mailing we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing [email protected]
If you do unsubscribe, we will no longer send you any catalogues, leaflets, e mails, tickets for art Fairs etc.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites
Questions and comments regarding this policy should be sent to [email protected]
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.